Wednesday, September 26, 2007

School intersession

We have this week and next week off from work, what a good time to do more then just post workouts!!

I don't think I mentioned it the other day, but at my last weigh in I was down a total of 39lbs from January. Pretty amazing! I feel darned good about it, but there's still a really long way to go.

Sunday (the 23rd) was the traithlon that we volunteered at. What an awesome experience. OMG, those people are incredible. I left my station when I thought all runners were done and had about a mile walk back to the rest of my group. A biker was coming up behind me so I asked if he saw anybody else w/ numbers and he said yeah, just one, so I went back and walked/ran w/ the coolest lady! She had to be in her 60's and this was her first Olympic distance tri. (swim 1 mile, bike 24, run 6) She was telling me about the Tri for Cure she did last May and how amazing it was. As w/ many "For the Cure" events, it isn't really about winning so the swimmers could use float boards and swim fins. If you can't swim it there were designated swimmers who could swim your leg for you! Oh, and it's an all woman event. She said it was SO moving. I am totally there this year!

I found all the info on the '08 event and right now it's not being associated w/ Susan G. Komen for the Cure, but I'm hoping it will. Either way, I'm doing it.

I started swimming as crosstraining this week. Erika has a bike she's going to lend me. I should be set. I'll be 35 at the time of the event and my goal is to finish in the top 20 for my age group. Ok, that might be a little lofty based on the results from last year, but I have EIGHT months to get ready. I could feasably be down 40 more pounds by then!

Of course, my husband doesn't think I can do it..... not sure if he doesn't know me or what, but those became fightin' words and I took it as a challenge. Not only will I do it, I will sign up on the competitve roster so I CAN'T use any sort of swim aids.


Anyhow, workouts for the week.

9/24 - swimming laps, 45 minutes
9/25 - 4 miles, 48:? (Can't remember my time exactly)
9/26 - swimming laps, 45 minutes

No comments: